Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Final Project: Local Old Boston StateHouse

For this assignment, I had to build my own replica of the old Boston State House in a single player minecraft game. The dimensions I used are 39 blocks long, 12 blocks wide and 13-16 blocks tall (for the peak). Here are my process screenshots:

 First I began by finding a decent sized open area, and added a bit to it so the building would fit and be centered nicely.



 Next I built the foundation of the building, the long sides being a bit shorter than the other sides to give the look of a peak.

 Next was the roof and chapel type thing that is in the middle of the roof.

 Last was windows, doors, and a few additional small details!


Below are the pictures I used as reference:


This is a project using Minecraft to build a replica of the old Boston Statehouse. It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment