Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Class 10, The Education Grid

I went onto theeducationgrid.org and read about the education grid and what it is. From what I understand, it is a few separate virtual worlds that are being used exclusively for the purpose of education. Within these worlds, students have usernames and avatars; both have to be exclusive to the particular student, using correct names and visuals. Because of this, the education grid is able to keep out anyone that has logged in for a purpose other than education.

Upon further reading, I learned that the virtual worlds that are used are "Second Life", "Sun Microsystems Laboratory's Project Wonderland", and "Croquet". I have used Second Life for this class, and I can see how it would be fun for younger students to walk around in a virtual world like this and be able to interact with things to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment