Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Final #1a: Getting Started with Scratch

Following are some screenshots of me creating a Scratch account and getting to know how to use it!
First was the video that appears at the top right of the page.
After creating an account, I started the tutorials which are fairly straight forward. Each block you add causes the little cat to do something new!
Further tutorials showed me how to make things repeat, as well as turn and even play a drum.
Toward the end of the tutorials I was taught how to add a "sprite", I wasn't completely sure what function this served, but everything is better with a little 90's hiphop thrown in.

Here is a link to my first project!
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/53007240/




This is a final project using Scratch to do my first project. It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc


No comments:

Post a Comment